9 October 2011

NORTH TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY LAB BAND LAB 78!

















N.T.S.U.Lab Band for N.T.S.U.Jazz from 1978.

Saxes: Steve Duke , Charlie Young , Bob Belden , Roger Holmes. Trumpets: Will Miller , Larry Spencer , Tom Delibero , Mike Steinel , Jim Powell. Trombones: Keith Adkins , James Caan , David Butler , Bill Franklin , Steve Thomas.Piano: Bob Snook. Bass: George Anderson. Drums:Gene Glover. Guitar:James Chirillo.
Percussion: Robert Landis , Rusty Wells.

One for Simon...
North Texas Big Band Banger directed by Leon Breeden and featuring a young Bob Belden on Tenor.
Tough.

19 comments:

Bacoso said...

https://rapidshare.com/files/2360928660/North_Texas_State_University_Lab_Band.rar

T Corrector said...

Yeah! Much appreciated. One of my 2011 highlights was taking in the One O'Clock Lab Band's Leon Breeden tribute show at the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival. Now I can get back there again 1978 style!

Simon666 said...

You, sir, are a god amongst men :)
Many thanks!

Budd said...

Lovely tunes! Many thanks!!

Simon666 said...

Damn this is good ...

112nortwest said...

thanks so much...I'm really getting more exited about your blog with each new post - grooving to your stuff on a daily basis on my bike on my way to work- Ipods were invented for blogs like yours

matt s. said...

I have been hoping to hear some of these 70's university band LP's but they are pretty expensive when ever I see them. Thanks for this generous share!

bongohito said...

This is INSANELY hip, uber-rare (as usual), and wholly appreciated.

Thanks for everything you do that makes this hands-down THE finest blog, period.

the jazzstronaut said...

Super stuff as always. Many thanks Bacoso.

Tom said...

Thank YOU Bacoso! I am looking forward to the listening.
Peace

katonah said...

Another Bacoso bomba, many thanks

Quimsy said...

cheers big man - do love that Elf tune. my continued reespek.
Q

Bender said...

Awesome as always. Thank you!

mageorge said...

Very Dope! Thank you very much

Melvin Cowznofski said...

I hate to be a pain, but is there any chance you could put this on mediafire? I'm having a heck of a time getting it from rapid share. Just does not seem to work for me.

Andy said...

Cheers looks a good one as per usual,thanks a lot.

Sam Sky said...

thanks a lot! Great quality

Eat Eateator said...

Nice.

Eat Eateator said...

Nice.