12 March 2009

MASABUMI KIKUCHI - BUT NOT FOR ME



















Masabumi Kikuchi for Flying Disk Japan from 1978.
Masabumi Kikuchi-Piano;Gary Peacock-Bass;AlFoster-Drums;Badal Roy-Tabla;Alyrio Lima-Percussion;Azzedin Weston-Percussion.
Another Blogland exclusive for this one from Japan.
A wonderful piece of piano trio dynamics augmented by percussion (check the enclosed rear sleeve credits).When I bought this I wasn't really taken by it at all....but the more I listened the more the album grew on me and now I'm just blown away by it.
Check out Gary Peacock's "Pumu #1" featuring Badal Roy in full effect embellishing a static motif allowing Kikuchi to go into full flow.
"Circle Dance" is as it sounds and perhaps the acoustic cousin of the fantastic "Circle Line" from Kikuchi's 1981 release "Susto".
The whole lp is great so just download and open your mind....fabulous music...highly recommended.
All Killer No Filler!

22 comments:

bacoso said...

original Japanese vinyl rip @ 320 :

http://rapidshare.com/files/207177994/Masabumi_Kikuchi.rar

codazzo said...

can't wait to check this out, thanks ;)

Greg said...

the front is "not for me" looks a bit cunty? back cover is better...

el goog said...

well thank you bacoso, you open my mind :)
eG

karl said...

always a good show at OIR

much appreciation

vesper said...

I think it's for me

alex said...

i love j-jazz bacoso!
this man can do no wrong!
big thanks m8!

wara_katsu said...

GREAT!
yes, his work in this age is all wonderful.
thanks a lot, bacoso!

dka said...

Just brilliant.

SonDu said...

Thanks for this, great up.

Check out my blog, just getting it started but I have some nice pieces up...

dustygems.blogspot.com

Solomon said...

Thank you.

Thad said...

Great post! It's like creating electric textures with acoustic instruments. I'll have to do some more deep listening on this one.

ewalk04 said...

Thanx for this one...

Impotent Wisdom said...

Beautiful music, and a new artist to me. Thanks for the share!

GHoSTFiNGeR said...

http://ghostfinger-digginthecrates.blogspot.com/

Art Simon said...

Whoa! Where did you find this? Awesome post! I'm a huge fan of Masabumi Kikuchi since I heard his Susto album. I didn't know this one existed. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

buzz said...

All Killer No Filler says it all. Thanks.

ChadYeezy said...

Looks dope thanks

dputydwg said...

thanks!

midori said...

Oh, thanks so much!

xneon said...

Hey, can you upload Susto please? I've lost it somewhere and can find since that loss. Thanks in advance, you're doing great job.

Brian said...

Oops -- disregard my last comment. This is the re-up I am looking for. Thanks!