10 February 2008

NAT ADDERLEY SEPTET - DON'T LOOK BACK














Nat Adderley for Steeplechase from 1976.
Fernando Gumbs (bass) Onaje Allan Gumbs (piano) Nat Adderley (cornet) Ken McIntyre (alto sax, oboe, bassoon, flute, bass clarinet) John Stubblefield (tenor sax, soprano sax)Ira Buddy Williams (drums) Victor See Yuen (congas, percussion)
From the slamming opener"Funny Funny" to the super funky "K High"to the great title track by Harold Vick this one swings like a mutha.
All killer-No filler!
Ripped @320 from the Steeplechase cd.

9 comments:

yy said...

Thank you for this. I've been looking for it a long time.

ish said...

Thanks for this one.

And I've added you to my links over at my blog.
http://ileoxumare.blogspot.com/

peace!

Art said...

I would have never have heard this, thanks so much. Great stuff!

Sergio said...

Thank you! Nat is a giant, maybe overshadowed by the genius of Cannonball, but a fine and soulful player of his own. Thanks again.

John V said...

This looks great.Thanks bacoso!

John V.

alex said...

hey bacoso,
used to have this!
GREAT to get it back!
many thanks man!

fathead said...

Many thanks for this,I remember buying the LP at a little market stall in sussex,uk.(sold my vinyl collection years ago to buy a sax)nice album, forgot how good John Stubblefield was.

Simon666 said...

Hi Bacoso -

I’ve linked to your post of this album as part of the historical background for my post of John Stubblefield’s “Prelude” (1978), see here

Please note that I’m linking to your actual blog page, not directly to your files, of course – so people will be taken to your blog to have a look around.

All the best,
Simon from Never Enough Rhodes

Simon666 said...

re-up

http://www.adrive.com/public/ZmYfs4/NatAdder-DonLokBak.zip