26 August 2007

PETER HERBOLZHEIMER RHYTHM COMBINATION AND BRASS - I HEAR VOICES


























The return of the Teutonic Titan of the Trombone Herr Peter Herbolzheimer this time accompanied by Sanne Salomonsen & The Voices on Polydor from 1978.
I have to say that as much as I am a fan of Herbolzheimer I am not greatly enamoured with this session-however,as the RC&B posts I have put up in the past have been massively popular with visitors to OIR I thought it was only fair to let you make your own minds up.From a personal point of view I find the vocals too in yer face and as for guitarist Eef Albers...well I'd like to stick his screeching rock guitar pyrotechnics up his oompah.
Still this LP has it's moments although if I never heard another version of Birdland again I would not be too bothered.See what you think about it and leave your thoughts in the comments-after all one man's meat is another man's poison -even so some of this still smacks of arsenic to me !!!
Ripped from the original vinyl @320 -No Reissues.

11 comments:

actuel said...

another top share Bacaso. thx again!

Sergio said...

I discover PH in your site, and I really dig his music, so any new offering is welcome. Thanks Bacoso. Dieter Reith plays on this one?

John Sauvage said...

+1 Sergio!
I love Herbo ( and your blog too, perhaps the best, really <3 )
Peace & Soul

boost said...

Hello !
i download every release you make !
i share your taste in music man !
i'm a big fan of P. Herbolzheimer and i've never heard about this LP before.
It's great ! sure it's not the best, but the sound is good !!!
thanks for your work ! keep on groovin' up our lives !

xmnr0x23 said...

Waaaahh... Birdland is a blast from the past. They used it as a tune for a local radioshow when I was a little kid. Thanks Bacoso!

Lopokin said...

I love you for this post.
Do you have any Horst Jankowski things too.....

Bas said...

Much respect for your music collection!! A pure joy to hear this Herbolzheimer version of one of my all time George Duke classics!
Bass

Ben said...

What an amazing album! Does anyone have the tracklisting for it, or have a link where I can find it online? Thanks!

Ernesto said...

A bit more information on this 79 polydor (G) release would be great.

Andy said...

Yeh,I think that's a fair summary really,but of course if we all liked the same things wouldn't life be boring.Thanks for the chance to listen.

Simon666 said...

re-up

http://www.adrive.com/public/aE6BWa/Herbol-HereVoices.zip