2 May 2007

BROTHER JACK MCDUFF - GIN AND ORANGE


























Brother Jack's back here at Orgy in Rhythm with another B3 bump 'n' grind session for Cadet from 1969.Soul Strut on the case with this review from motown67:

Another Jack McDuff title for the collection. This one caught a review my eye because of the name and cover scene of a dirty bar counter with a drink and cigarette butts. I was also thinking Gin and Orange, Gin and Juice, what the hell. I also liked the liner notes by Mort Fega about how fake liner notes generally are and what a pain in the ass they were to write. That gave me a laugh. Overall, this is a really strong album. Mac-Duffin, On The Case, Get it Up are all cool soul-jazz tunes. Electric Surboard, which McDuff recorded on at least one other album if not more, is a slow paced jazz cut with a looping horn line, and a nice breakdown which is played twice. The song goes perfectly with the mood of the cover art. There’s also a big, long jazz drum break in the middle of With The Wind to finish the album.

No reissues of any description-ripped from the original vinyl at 320.
Apologies-I missed "With the Wind"from my original rip-find it here.

10 comments:

Pekis said...

Hi, Mighty Bacoso,

What a pleasure to see all these grooves appearing as in a dream, and I'm like that blogger you surely know, "happy as a fat rat in a cheese factory" :) How could I say it better ?

Thanks !

ego said...

wicked-- tracing that album for ages- TVM

Vinyl4Giants said...

i luv you - thank you - look me up when you've got the chance - peace!

Publius said...

Track six runs into track seven , and track eight , With the Wind, has been left off .

bacoso said...

PUBLIUS-THANKS-WILL GET IT RIPPED AND POSTED TODAY

Publius said...

No need to thank me , THANK YOU for all the beautiful things this past year .

Sergio Choren said...

Another groovy gem from McDuff!THANK YOU MY FRIEND.

irolabuji said...

Awesome!
This is really hard to find Jack McDuff!

Guy Magic said...

I love Brother Jack.

(Good to have you back!)

verge said...

Thanks for this crisp 320 rip!!
Always appreciated.