28 May 2007

BARRY MILES - WHITE HEAT























Barry "Fusion Is" Miles teamed up with some soon to be big boys for this fantastic fusion session for Mainstream in 1971 :

BARRY MILES, electric & acoustic piano & vibesPAT MARTINO, guitarJOHN ABERCROMBIE, guitarVICTOR GASKIN, Fender and acoustic bassTERRY SILVERLIGHT, drumsWARREN SMITH, congasLEW TABACKIN, tenor sax and flute

Terry Silverlight is,of course,Barry Miles younger brother and was 14 when he played on this album.Check "White Heat" for a furious fusion tour de force wipe out-murdah !!!Here's a quote from none other than Pat Metheny talking to Terry Silverlight :

That record "White Heat" was such a mind blower - I remember when it first came out turning everyone I knew onto it around Kansas City - and then when I found out how young you were, that totally blew my mind - and inspired me. About a year after it came out, Lew Tabackin came to Kansas City to play with Doc Severinsen and I was playing in the band opposite them and I remember taking that side up to Lew for him to sign and he told me all about the session and stuff which was really cool.- Pat Metheny

Ripped @320 from the original vinyl-there's a Japanese cd on the way due for issue in July.

6 comments:

steve.d said...

heavy duty,really loved it,
mainstream recorded some excellent
music during the 70's,galper, land,
yellen,terry,would love to hear more from this label,thanks again.

Vanzetti said...

Thanks for this - and all of your great posts. I've had to upgrade my external hard drive in no small part due to the great things that OiR has turned me on to.

keep it up!

jpo said...

Hello
i just found your killer blog!
i've been looking for this for years! It represents one of the only examples of Pat Martino on record I DONT have.
Any chance of reposting it? or even emailing the mp3's to me oh divine one!
cheers
JP
NYC

형원 said...

Would you please re-upload this album?

gregg said...

I LOST MY COPY OF WHITE HEAT A COUPLE OF HURRICAINS BACK... I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE IT ON YOU BLOG. BUT I AM ONCE AGAIN CRUSHED! ANY CHANCE OF REPOSTING THIS TITLE!

GREAT SITE.... GREAT MUSIC...

Diego Campachi said...

Re-upload please