21 February 2007

ROY HAYNES - THANK YOU THANK YOU


















Roy Haynes on Galaxy from 1977 on Galaxy with Bobby Hutcherson,John Klemmer,George Cables,Ron Carter,Cecil McBee and Kenneth Nash.
I posted this in the main for the battering version of Quiet Fire that Haynes,McBee,Nash and Cables swarm all over-probably not to everyones taste(!)but what the hell.The rest of the lp is similar to Roy's pants on the cover-pretty much of the time!It's not sure if it's fusion or straight ahead but again worth a listen especially given the presence of Hutcherson and Cables.
Ripped from the original vinyl at 320 .This made a cd reissue coupled with the similarly schizophrenic "Vistalite" from 1978 -I think it's now been deleted.

3 comments:

GIBSON L5 ( RAZ ) said...

mmmmmm.....
never heard that one !
looks very promising :-)
thanks
Raz

chaamba said...

I had to separate from the vinyl six months ago when I moved from Paris. Thank you very much Bacoso for allowing me to find this music again. If I recall, there is a very good track called Bull Fight or something similar...

thefunkygoat said...

Thanks Bacoso, I'm looking forward to hearing this. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have these other Haynes albums: Vistalite & Equipoise?

Cheers, the goat

http://soundsfromthefunkygoat.blogspot.com/