4 September 2006

NICO GOMEZ AND HIS AFRO PERCUSSION INC - RITUAL



















Bottom end booty business and a real heavy bit of funk from this obscure European group.Recorded in the early 70s in Belgium its a tasty batch of Latin funk grooves, with a deep Afro-soul sound thrown into the mix, and some slight Chicano rock touches, like fuzzy guitar and heavy organ.The conga sound is right up front, and the tracks roll along with a nice heavy funk beat that cuts across from a lounge/library groove to a killing super deep percussion battering vibe.It includes fantastic funk versions of two Perez Prado groovers "Caballo Negro" and "Lupita"the latter of which is the monster dance floor mash up but the whole album really rocks - 'Ritual' also kills and was heavily sampled by Liquid People for their track 'The Dragon'.Crank the sound up and you will hear what I mean by bottom end -the groove is DEEP!!!

7 comments:

Looza said...

thank you so much for this one !

xmnr0x23 said...

Vintage Latin funk from Belgium? :) That's a first to me! It sounds great and thanks for introducing me to this gem!

litlgrey said...

I'm gonna use the Perez Prado cover from this album on an upcoming episode of my show SPACE PATROL on http://luxuriamusic.com - my thanks to you, certainly, and to all the bloggers wot make my little show possible.

musicwithsoul said...

File not found. I've had "Lupita" on a compilation for years. Now I would really like to hear the whole album. Any chance of a repost? Thanx in advance.

alex.

Alana said...

I would really appreciate if you repost this album too.i've been looking for it so long.Pleeeeeeeeease ! :)

Guelo80 said...

tengo varios aƱos detras de este cd y no lo he podido conseguir, podrias hacer el favor de resubir el link gracias y feliz resto del dia

hugo said...

Por favor si puedes resubir este album, tremendamente recomendado.... pa gozar con Lupita...

Mil y mil gracias.

El Compadre