12 September 2006

JOHN DANKWORTH - MODESTY BLAISE
























Here's a rip of the Harkit re-issue of this great Johnny Dankworth soundtrack from the film Modesty Blaise.Have a read of the review from the super bad Blaxploitation.com
British jazz giant John Dankworth was responsible for several strong jazz-influenced 1960s scores, and this album should be numbered amongst the best. Groovy and kitsch in places (in keeping with the wacky film), dark and menacing in others, it's entertaining and stimulating listening. Jazz and pop are blended in equal measure. Look out for the fabulous organ-driven instrumental version of the theme - shagadelic!

9 comments:

tokyokid said...

Great post but, CRC failed while extracting track 16.
One.

joe gumbo said...

said 'format error', wouldn't unstuff

bacoso said...

lo-fi ..can you help these guys please???

J Epstein said...

I got the same problem on track 16 (The Sheik): CRC ERROR. All others seem OK.

Thanks for the cool u/l!

-j

Sempers said...

I had the same error on track 16.
Used Winrar to repair the archive, now it's OK.
Thank you for the music.

J Epstein said...

I use UnRARX on a mac, here' swhat I tried:

I checked the "keep broken files" preference, and I got a mostly-complete track 16 out which I am OK with :)

Best,

-j

xmnr0x23 said...

The repair function works here, tho'. I have the CD myself, but I know Gorillaz sampled this score yet I never found the actual track they sampled. It's clear they used the main theme's trumpets... So I was hoping yours was different from mine, but apart from the mysterious track #19, it's all the same.

IR e L a IXI said...

hi bocoso! is there any way if you can re-up this? i never you had this one posted.

thanks!

IR e L a IXI said...

hi bocoso! is there any way if you can re-up this? i never you had this one posted.

thanks!