13 August 2006

JOAO DONATO-ARRANGED AND CONDUCTED BY DEODATO























This is really a Deodato record, Joao Donato having written and laid down basic keyboard tracks and promptly hightailed it back to Brazil, leaving Deodato and studio players to flesh out the rest.Big crew on this one including Airto,Ray Barretto,Randy Brecker and Romeo Penque who create a fantastic mix of bossa ,jazz ,and latin influences.Donato went on to use the basic melodies for most of these tunes but re-titled them for his monstrously funky "A Bad Donato" which I will post soon.
I bought this many years ago, dismissed it as easy listening and filed it.As time went on I found myself playing it again and again and I gradually fell in love with the whole lp.I guess a lot of it was finally admitting to myself after buying Quem a Quem that it's ok to like beautiful music and it doesn't always have to be full on, hardcore, banging, knock em dead stuff.I'll leave it there and let you be the judge - but if you enjoyed my Brazilian posts then this will be essential for you !

HERES A NEW UPLOAD OF JUST THE TRACK CAPRICORN WHICH WAS CORRUPT ON THE ORIGINAL POST

12 comments:

lo-fi said...

Nice! Only Capricorn seems to be corrupt. Why don't you add "recovery record" to your archives? It would save you time and stupid comments like mine... Thank you for another beautiful post.

bacoso said...

lo-fi- can you tell me how to do this.I have no idea how you check files etc and its a real pain having to re-up them.I rip with Windows media player and convert to mp3 with ImTOO WMA MP3 convertor.Any advice please?

martin said...

Excelent! I spend the Sunday listening somes Deodato´s albums. Great coincidence. Thanks.

LearMendigo said...

Fantastic!! Great disc, grat music.
Thanx

lepimp said...

Amazing amazing amazing!!! thx thx thx!!!
When you posted Quem e Quem I was awestruck! I've been listening to that album over and over! And being a big deodato fan I can't wait to listen to this one! More of that please! Looking much forward to bad Donato!

lepimp said...

Alas! The Capricorn track is corrupt - any chance for reposting??

bacoso said...

To all who enjoyed this lp - I will try to re-up the corrupt file Capricorn tonight .

GeeeFlat said...

Hey Baco, how are things :) I heard the Big Chill was one of the best in 10 years and Eumir was playing with a large Orchestra. I was unfortunately on holidays... shame as I don't think I'll get thte chance to see this guy again... Thanks for another great post. I'll wait until you re-upload it.

xmnr0x23 said...

This one has kept me guessing for a while. Got it from secret agent OO then, this is a Donato Deodato called "Featuring João Donato Arranged And Conducted By Deodato", released in 69. Right?

bacoso said...

xmnr0x23-as the post says its JOAO DONATO ARRANGED AND CONDUCTED BY DEODATO but its from 1973 not 1969.

xmnr0x23 said...

http://www.cliquemusic.com.br/en/artists/Artists.asp?Status=DISCO&Nu_Artista=215&Nu_Disco=2204

That's my source, and I always try to get the right date. First issue, that's it. Not questioning your authority 'tho. And yes I know your cover says different, but it does look very similar and the tracks match. Hence me having trouble what to think of it. Oh well...

Peace!

bacoso said...

xmnr0x23 YES-its the same lp but dunno where they got 69 from-it says on the back cover of my copy recorded march 26/april 10 1973.Nice site tho'.And you can question whatever you like-its no problem!