27 August 2006

I MARC 4 - I SOLISTI DI ARMANDO TROVAJOLI




















Organ goes lounge for this fantastic psych beat set from one of the great studio combos of the Italian scene during the 70's. This groovy album, recorded on Cometa (an obscure music library label) is a perfect mix of organ beat, bossa jazz, fast fuzz, batucada, samba beat with funky flute.Of course this is the first album by the legendary Marc 4 studio group - a funky Italian combo that often featured Armando Trovajoli on keyboards, plus backing by guitar, drums, and bass.The name I Marc 4 (or Marc 4) comes from the initials of their members: Maurizio Majorana (Bass), Antonello Vannucci (Hammond/Piano), Roberto Podio (Drums/Percussion) and Carlo Pes (guitar)who played and recorded most of Travajoi's compositions. The keyboards vary from funky organ to jangly electric harpsichord to sharp-edged piano and the group's sound is often complimented by some extra horn work.Groove-tastic !

4 comments:

Buscoglione said...

Thanks a lot bacoso, wonderful music really!
I think their mix of different musical influences gave rise to another music style, creation is innovation.
My kindly regards.

Groovin' Dan said...

Awesome stuff! If you're into this, you should definitely check out "An Italian Story" by Daniele Luppi; it's a really groovy instro record that came out a few years ago, and features three of the surviving members of the Marc 4...

Queen Ondi said...

I absolutely adore this entire CD. I found it unmarked in a pile of $1 CDs at Half-Price Bookstore...It wasn't until I loaded into iTunes that 1) I learned the name of the album & tracks and 2) that this CD is from the 60's!!!

Thanks for the reference Groovin' Dan; I'm going to look for "An Italian Story" today...

Rio said...

hi,
is there any chance that you could reupload this? I've been searching for Marc 4 stuff for a long time already.
Please let me know ( mario.obad@inet.hr )

kind regards,

Mario