17 June 2006

FUNK INC - SUPERFUNK















Here's a nice bit of funk produced by the ever dependable David Axelrod.This share was contributed and upped by Kristof - thanks a lot Kristof.
Check out "The Hill Where The Lord Lies"which has got Axelrod written all over it.
This is the review Motown 67 wrote for SoulStrut.com
Musically speaking, Superfunk was the most diverse release put out by Funk Inc. It was recorded at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with David Axelrod doing production. There's a slow and bluesy version of Message From The Meters, a Soul-Jazz take of Chuck Mangione's The Hill Where The Lord Hides, as well as the straight Soul of Honey, I Love You, and the upbeat Funk of Just Don't Mean A Thing, that are originals. The best is saved for last with a pretty straightforward cover of Barry White?s I'm Going To Love You with congas added.

LINK IN COMMENTS

12 comments:

bacoso said...

http://rapidshare.de/files/22252438/Super.rar.html

Stan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stan said...

Hey this goes out to Orgy..

I have a super funky album of short tracks that were used for a game called Interstate'76. The game is really old so I'm pretty sure it's out of print.

But the music is something i think everybody needs to hear....mail me an address where I can send you samples.Or how I can send you the link to the rapidshare files.

my address is ags_aussi@yahoo.com

HERCULESFREEMAN said...

Mr.RHYTHM we're waiting for T.PUENTE-PARA LOS RUMBEROS to live summer nights full of rhythmic orgies!!! THANKS NATURE BOY

froz1 said...

another great album.. thanks!

check out http://alma-matters.blogspot.com for Funk Inc.'s self titled release

le-flic said...

Thanks ever so much!

xmnr0x23 said...

Ahhhhh, I keep hearing "All on My Nut Sac" whenever I hear "Goodbye, So Long" - Thank you Ice Cube :) And thank you Orgy!

Interstate '76 is one of my fav games _ever_. Slick, cool and nice graphics. You can call me Taurus...

Soundtrack is great. I have it collecting dust on my shelf, but still rock it from time to time - you can play it on a regular stereo. Never looked for info on the score 'tho. Maybe I should.

xmnr0x23 said...

Checked the I'76 manual and credits say the band is called "Bullmark". Written by "Third Eye Blind" member Arion Salazar!?

Sorry for the off-topic blabber :]

Curved Air said...

Bacoso...excellent shares once again!!! i rather idiotically sold off my Funk Inc. lp's a few years back when i needed some money. scoring these here in indy is not that hard but i still regret it.

btw, steven weakly (guitarist) is a super nice guy. i used to give him a ride when i was cabbying ever wednesday night after he played at the Chatterbox...man-o-man this cat has some stories!

he still plays around town quite a bit at Ricks Boatyard & the Chatterbox.

anyway, thanks for the shares

xmnr0x23 said...

Care to share some of those stories, Curved Air? :)

yonderboi... said...

hey there...

this album is amazing...

i love it....

:)

Funkyboiii said...

nice