11 May 2006

DEMON FUZZ- AFREAKA !



"Imagine a cross between the latin rock of Santana and the funky progressions of Sly Stone and thats where you'll find Demon Fuzz" -From th tour promo notes in 1970
Messed-up funky jazz from an obscure early 70s UK group and an album that really lives up to its trippy cover! The tracks are all long and stretched out with lots of organ, sax, and spaced out drums and the overall style is a mix of dub-heavy funk, Afro jazz, and a bit of jazz rock jamming! There's a bit of vocals on the album, but overall most of the set is instrumental in a really right on and progressive style thatis great. This is the kind of record that always got passed by in the 80s when everyone was looking for hard James Brown grooves, but which is very much in fashion now with the blunted funky crowd.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20210361/Afreaka.rar.html

11 comments:

magnum said...

did you pick us a copy nice top post

The Wino said...

Thanx dude...This is the kind of sound I'm always looking for but never seem to find. A diggers diamond!
A perfect GEM 10!... WOW!

I'll be spining this wax all summer now! Keep up this great blog!

THANX AGAIN!

CHEERS!!!

everyone said...

A really great album. On the cd reissue, there's a tremendous bonus track called "Message to Mankind" that's one of my favorite songs of the last year. Check that out! Great post on a GREAT blog. Thanks man.

xmnr0x23 said...

Sounds great, once again. Out of curiousity: is this complete, 'tho? Compared to the cd, there are 3 tracks 'missing', but I can't see if these are bonus tracks.

Taa!

bacoso said...

Yes its missing the bonus tracks so the format is the same as the original release.

xmnr0x23 said...

Thanks for clearing that up, bacoso!

ScoreBaby said...

Love this. The grooves are deep.

t said...

great album for sure but...isn't this the write up off the dusty grooves site (here)?

Destructo said...

Does anyone know who sings on Hymn to Mother Earth? It sounds like Nina Simone.

Rafaello said...

its out of line. Can u upload it again?
Very nice album, even better on 320

some pig said...

I was in a record shop in Brooklyn recently. I was rifling through records and occasionally chatting to a random French man who was doing the same. I had picked out a record to buy but I realised in order make the credit card minimum I had to make an additional purchase. The French man, made the suggestion of Afreaka, based on him seeing all the stuff I was most drawn to and considering it was one of his favourite albums. So I bought it on his suggestion despite the cashier sounding doubious on the quality of the record. I went home with a little fear considering I spent more than my budget should have allowed and the doubt the cashier the instilled in me. I placed the record on the turntable and then let the treacle drip into my ears. What a deadly album, jazz, funk and African roots. Get in. Vivre la France